Classes and Workshops
Below are some of the ongoing classes and workshops hosted or facilitated by Art of Birthing Center / Art of Nursing Care, Inc.
Please select a link for descriptions and how to register / pay for the class.
Essential Oils 101 and Green Home cleaning workshops
• Essential Oils 101- If you have any interest in natural health and you care about improving your health & that of your loved ones, you won't want to miss it!
doTERRA® harnesses nature's most powerful remedies and provides simple, safe and empowering solutions that enhance well-being. doTERRA®'s pure essential oils are revolutionizing the way families manage their health!
You will learn:
-What essential oils are
-The various grades of essential oils – what’s important?
-How to use and apply essential oils?
-How to incorporate essential oils into your everyday life for optimal health.
-How essential oils can support your body during pregnancy, birth & postpartum with your baby's needs.
-And much much more
• Green Home Cleaning Workshop - Learn about Green Home Cleaning with essential oils and natural ingredients.
Ma Yoga Prenatal and Baby and Me Yoga
• Some women start Prenatal Yoga the moment they find out they’re pregnant, others discover it in their last month. These friendly, strengthening, heart-opening drop-in classes will help you feel great, no matter where you are on your journey. Prenatal Yoga is safe for any trimester, and perfect for any level of yoga experience from raw beginner onward.
• Mom Yoga + Baby is a super fun, small, friendly class where mama gets to start getting her body back in between feeds and changes. Come do what you can and enjoy some time with your breath, your baby and other moms.
Additional Classes and Workshops
Method is a system of movement designed to expand the flexibility and strength of your core and whole body. It uses counterweights and movements that are designed to expand the body’s reach and unwind to relieve stress tension and promote wellness. When used during pregnancy and postpartum it can enhance your body’s ability to give birth naturally as well as heal from the birth process. It uses breath and movement together to achieve strength and flexibility. This is a life enhancing foundation practice that helps you maintain healthy flexibility. To learn more about this method, visit https://www.gyrotonic.com/about/gyrotonic-method/
Contact: (424) 835-4186 or Email: email@example.com
La Leche League Meeting with Susan Martin
La Leche League's goal is to provide you with current and accurate information on breastfeeding as well as mother-to-mother support. Free monthly meetings are led by La Leche League Leaders -- volunteers who have nursed their own babies and have been trained and accredited by La Leche League International to help mothers and mothers-to-be with breastfeeding as well as matters related to the breastfeeding relationship.
Contact: Susan at 310-454-2251 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DONA Postpartum Doula Workshop 7-Week Series & Breastfeeding Class for Doulas
Being a doula is such a rewarding career. The satisfaction we get from the work is endless. To help families transition from pregnancy to parenthood, feeling reassured and supported, is part of the doula's job description.
If you are looking for an inspiring career in maternity care or a new professional development to add to your current career, please consider a DONA International postpartum doula workshop with one of the most experienced postpartum doulas in Southern CA. This is a 27 hour (7 week series workshop).
Topics covered include:
· The Role of the Postpartum Doula
· Newborn Care
· Lactation Support
· Postpartum Physical Changes
· Business Management & Marketing
· Effective Communication
· Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
· Loss & Grief
· Multiples & Preemies
· Resource and Referral List Development
· DONA Postpartum Doula Certification Requirements
Part of your requirement for certification is a prenatal breastfeeding class. HeadFirst is offering a 4 hour breastfeeding class, taught by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) that meets thatrequirement for certification. For more information about our breastfeeding class for doulas, please visit our calendar page or on our contact page.
Contact: email: Yana Katzap-Nackman Yana@headfirstdoulas.net
To Register: See Calendar event
Price: $450 for workshop or $500/workshop+breastfeeding class, for doulas who want to attend the breastfeeding class only, the fee is $75/participant
4-Week Infant Massage Workshop with Sarah Hanford
Description: In our 4 week class, you will learn the techniques and benefits of infant massage, developing and deepening your bond with your child. You’ll be empowered as a parent, gaining the skills to aid symptoms of colic, teething and constipation, as well as encouraging better sleep for your baby. We offer this class to parents with children up to 1 year of age.
Location: Art of Birthing Center, 3013 Washington Blvd., Marina del Rey, CA 90292 - upstairs studio
Register at: Email: email@example.com